Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Plan

So, my name is JJ [classified... sorry, internet stalkers scare me] and I am the world's biggest nerd. Well, no, not the biggest. I don't sit around reading textbooks and simplifying quadratic equations. Moreover, I'm not obsessed with Star Trek or Star Wars or any other science fiction series that begins with "Star" (I'm more of a Degrassi/What I Like About You/Make It Or Break It kind of person).
You know what I am? I'm the nerdiest cheerleader the world has ever seen. That's how I'll describe myself. I accidentally became a cheerleader. So I'm not ugly or uncoordinated or even socially awkward (well, maybe a little but aren't we all?). I just wasn't born "popular." Not that popularity is something you're born with, but I was never interested in being popular.  But now that I'm a cheerleader, I've been exposed to lots of popularity.  And after careful examination, I've discovered what makes someone popular, or at least to a degree. It's a rare blend of many components, the key ones being an older sibling, a camera with unlimited memory space, and a natural air of awesomeness.  But there are no requirements, it's very much based on circumstance.
It's not just the nice people or the stupid people or the pretty people or even the people with the most friends (yeah, I have as many friends as the popular people... I'm telling you, I'm not socially awkward, just a nerd). It's not whether or not you're in all honors classes or not (my honors bio class is a mixture of Varsity cheerleaders, that guy who just studies all day, myself, and the girl who goes to parties every weekend). It's really about what's most important to you, how you go about showing it, and who you have behind you.
So this is my blog. For the next 101 days (or at least 101 posts, I'm not committing to everyday), I plan to write one of the various ways to get up on top. They'll probably all be ridiculous and not quite manageable, but they'll all be true and plausible rather than the bitter nerd's typical reasoning, "sell you soul."  Good luck on your journey to popularity.
And enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, guys, it's Julie/Paul here~! Your blog is very entertaining... especially with how plausible it is/wildly surrealistic. I really like how creative you ideas are, and I hope you will write more~!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we will, this is probably my favorite blog ever :)

    ReplyDelete